Some would love to have their own website but have no idea on where to start, or feel the information is not detailed enough to allow them to create it independently. I will try to make this post short but sweet enough to help anyone get started with a site in a very short amount of time. If you want definitions and a good understanding of the working parts this will not cut it, however this will get you up and running for now and you can learn more later.[divider]
Get Your Site Up and Running!
Call it a “dot-com name,” a URL, or a domain. Whatever you call it, it’s the cornerstone of your online presence, and we make getting one easy. Simply enter the name you want in the search field above, and we’ll tell you instantly whether the name is available. If it’s available, you pay a single fee that is renewable every year, and the name is yours.
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide Web.
WordPress is an open source blog publishing application powered by PHP and MySQL which can also be used for content management. It has many features including a workflow, a plugin architecture and a templating system
Prerequisites: Email Address
1. Login to your control panel.
2. Select QuickInstall under the Software/Services panel.
3. Select WordPress under the Blog Software Group.
4. On the WordPress Version Description select Continue.
5. After you have selected Continue you will need to select where you would like to install WordPress. You will also need to enter an email address in order to have the admin login information sent to you.
6. After you complete the information and select Install Now you should see the following screen.
7. Check the email account that was entered above for the admin user name and password.
8. Once you login to WordPress be sure to go to the Settings-General to update the email address. Then visit the Users options to change your admin password.
9. Enjoy Your WordPress blog by going over to the appearance panel and installing new Themes to change the look of your site!!!