When making an attempt to add a new client to WHMCS and assign a domain name that was registered before with my existing ENOM account I would receive Registar Errors. When the cron job would run to synch up the expiration date it would return the first error below. Here is the steps I took to resolve the issue.
First Error: Registrar Error Domain name not found
1. WHMCS Admin
3. Updated the IP of WHM to the new IP. (I was assigned a new IP for SSL and did not update WHMCS
Second Error: Registrar Error Invalid client IP: 184.108.40.206
1.Opened a ticket with Enom API Support to update their end with my new IP address.
Steps Taken Once The Above Was Resolved
Manual Domain Only Entry
To add a domain on it’s own without a product, follow the steps below:
1. On the client summary page, click the “Add New Order” link in the Actions panel
2. The client will be preselected, so you should fill out the rest of the form – begin by choosing the payment gateway you want the client to pay with
3. Leave the Product/Service dropdown menu set at None
4. Leave the Billing Cycle dropdown menu set at Monthly
5. Enter the domain in the Domain text field and select Register as the Domain Registration Option (even though you aren’t intending to register it today)
6. Choose the number of years you next want the client to be invoiced for at the time of renewal and tick any addons the user has for their domain
7. Ensure both tick boxes for sending an order confirmation and generating an invoice are unchecked so the user is not emailed about the order you are adding
8. Finally, set the Order Status dropdown to Active and then click the submit button to add the order to WHMCS
9. You will now been shown the order screen summarising the details of the order you just added
10. Now as the final step, you must go to the domain’s information page to enter the correct next due and expiry dates aswell as selecting the registrar the domain is registered with if using one of the built in registrars. To do this, from the order screen, click on the link in the Type column of the items ordered – this will take you straight to the details screen.
You have now finished adding your client. By following the steps above, your client will have not been notified that you’ve added them and will now be invoiced by WHMCS prior to the next due date for the items you have added to their account.